Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Cassia Dress



Cassia is a lovely dress/tunic pattern from Tikki Knits. This is my second time using a Tikki pattern and I'm very pleased with the clear and easy to follow instructions. This is the 18 months size for my daughter E., who's 18 months old right now.


I used Drops Love You 3, color 08 Plum. This 50% wool and 50% alpaca yarn is really soft and gets even softer after an Eucalan soak. You'll see this yarn more often on this blog because I am in love with it and bought it in 5 different colors. Unfortunately it's a limited edition yarn.

Although I like the pockets on the original version I decided to omit them for this dress and instead added a gathered section to the skirt hem. 

    

E. likes wearing this dress. The girl is only 18 months old but already knows exactly what she wants. Or better yet, what she doesn't want to wear. This dress is definitely a winner!




12 comments:

  1. Adorable! The dress looks so soft and comfy. Love the apple button additions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just had to have those buttons the minute I saw them...

      Delete
  2. Too cute! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute.... both your dress and your model!! :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... It's actually not that hard. YouTube has a lot of great knit tutorials...

      Delete
  5. GORGEOUS work for such a darling piece. I'd love to see you join us at the Inspire Us Thursdays! link party at www.theinspiredwren.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is really cute. And I'm in love with those apple buttons!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully knit to a perfect fit. Your daughter knows her mom can deliver a great knit.

    ReplyDelete